Golf is the closest sport to the game we call life. There are the highs of golf, and there are the lows. It can be challenging for new players or even long-time golfers to have fun when they are in a funk. At the end of the day, golf is about being outside, having fun, and enjoying the company of your playing partners (Or space if you prefer to golf alone). Here are five ways you can enjoy golf more!
- Remember, at the end of the day, it’s just a game: Keep loose and remember why you are out playing golf in the first place. No one expects you to be a pro golfer, so there is no reason to treat every shot like it’s life or death.
- Listen to music or podcasts while golfing: If you are golfing alone and often feel bothered by the lack of noise, put your headphones in and listen to some music or podcasts. Listening to music or a podcast can keep you more relaxed and at ease when teeing it up. Remember to listen to music at a volume you only can hear and lower your volume on busier days on the course.
- Don’t expect perfection: Golf is not a game of perfection, so you should not expect yourself to be perfect. What makes golf fun is the constant challenges and lies it throws at you in a given round. The harder you try, the more challenging golf seems to be. Don’t make the game harder by beating yourself up over a bad shot.
- Create unique playing conditions or scoring methods : If you feel comfortable doing so, try going out with just an 8-iron and a putter. Or maybe bring only your driver, 5-iron, pitching wedge, and putter. Doing this will create unique shots that you will be forced to play, adding to the creativity and challenge of the game. As for scoring, don’t be afraid to mix it up. Use match play with your friends, use mulligans, or maybe don’t even use the scorecard for a while.
- Playing partners : Find golfers that you like to golf with. Finding golfers with similar play styles and skill will go a long way in ensuring a fun round. Maybe you are more competitive and want a slower, more methodical round. Or maybe you want to play as many holes as fast as possible and don’t care what you had on #15. Regardless, playing with a group that fits your play style will lead to fewer headache-filled rounds. After all, you’ll be with your playing partners for at least 4 hours each round.
Want a bonus 6th tip to having more fun golfing? It’s look-good-play-good! At Wagner’s Golf throughout October 2021, ALL clothes and shoes are 15% off! Stock up for the next golf season, or do some early Christmas shopping and surprise your loved ones with new golf gear! #EvolveYourGame🏌️♂️